The Difference it will make;
Born from mateship and built to improve the lives of local people, we exist to carry on a legacy.
It is our duty to contribute to the community. Each time we engage with it, we must leave it richer than before.
Success for Harbord Diggers means success for the entire community:
- Profit from every beer poured, every meal served and every game played at the new Harbord Diggers will be invested back into our community, whether through a grant, donation or for new facilities and events for our locals to enjoy.
- The new Diggers has provided more than 250 local jobs, ensuring we can continue giving back to our local community as one of the largest employers in the area.
- Through our whole-of-life approach, we aim to encourage social engagement and inclusion amongst all members of our community, reducing the risk of social isolation, particularly amongst older citizens.
- In the spirit of our original legacy, Mounties Group currently contributes more than $1 million annually to support local community groups and the Diggers is eager to significantly increase this contribution.
- With a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic precinct coming as part of Stage Two, the new Harbord Diggers is prioritising health and wellbeing.
- Our over 55s living, Watermark Freshwater, is changing the face of retirement living in Australia, with ageing in place facilities available to help reduce aged care admissions.
Every time you visit and support Harbord Diggers, you are helping to support your community.